August is National Eye Exam Month. To observe National Eye Exam Month, Central Florida Eye Specialists wants to share some ways to keep your vision clear and healthy.
Here are 7 reasons why you should have an eye examination:
- Save a headache. If you have been having unexplained, constant headaches, your solution could be visiting your eye doctor. An eye care professional can pinpoint the problem of your headaches.
- Perform well in school. The back-to-school traditions may look different this year, but an eye exam should still be a top priority. One out of every four children has vision problems. A common reason children fall behind in school is poor vision. Taking your children to the eye doctor can detect an eyesight problem that can contribute to learning and reading difficulties.
- Determine the prescription. Your eyes change over time. An eye doctor can determine if you need eyeglasses or contact lenses, or if you need a stronger prescription to reduce eye strain and help you see better.
- Detect eye conditions. An eye doctor can spot the early onset signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, glaucoma, and high cholesterol just by conducting an eye exam.
- Prevent conditions. Many serious eye diseases often have no symptoms. An optometrist will see the early signs of diseases, such as macular degeneration or cataracts. Early detection is important to prevent severe damage.
- Practice good habits for better eye health. Always stay UV eye protected, get quality sleep, eat healthy, and keep good lighting.
- Exercise your eyes. Computers and digital devices are the #1 source of vision complaints, due to eye strain and focusing fatigue. To reduce your risk of tiring your eyes by constantly focusing on your screen, look away from your computer at least every 20 minutes and gaze at a distant object (at least 20 feet away) for at least 20 seconds. Some eye doctors call this the “20-20-20 rule.” Looking far away relaxes the focusing muscle inside the eye to reduce fatigue.
How is your eye health? We ask, because we care.
|Life can take a toll on our eyes, but you have the power to take steps to protect your eyesight. Observe National Eye Exam Month and schedule your eye exam TODAY! It’s 2020 – Year of the Eye, keep your eyes in top shape no matter what turns life takes. Please call TODAY to schedule your appointment! 386-734-2931|
Thank you for showing your confidence in us through the referral of your friends!